PhotoMaraton Istanbul 2022
Date: 29 October 2022, Saturday
Registration Desk: 9:00 AM – Sirkeci Station
Stations: Sirkeci – Beyazit – Sishane – Taksim
Digital Category: 9 Themes / 9 Hours / 9 Photo
Analog Category: 2 Themes / 6 Hours / 2 Photo
Mobile Category: 3 Themes / 9 Hours / 3 Photo
Video Category: 1 Theme / 1 Video (3 minutes)
You can participate in PhotoMaraton with any camera and smartphone. It is open to all photography enthusiasts, whether amateur or professional.
PhotoMaraton Istanbul 2022
Event Day – October 29, 2022
• Participants receive their badges, t-shirts or vests, and masks from the registration desks at Sirkeci Central Train Station. Registration starts at 9:00 AM due to high attendance.
• 1 Analog, 1 Mobile, 1 Video and 3 Digital category themes are announced at the Sirkeci Central Train Station, at 12:00 AM. Themes are not known in advance.
• Participants photograph the themes explained in their categories within 3 hours and arrive at the second station, Beyazit Square, at 3:00 PM at the latest. The new 1 Analog category, 1 Mobile category and 3 Digital category themes are announced at Beyazıt station.
• Participants photograph the themes explained at Beyazit station and arrive at Sishane Metro, the last station, at 6:00 PM. Finally, 1 Analog category, 1 Mobile category and 3 Digital category themes are announced in the tunnel station.
• Participants complete the event by taking photos of the latest themes and delivering the photos in the event corridor in Taksim Metro between 19:00 PM and 21:30 PM.
• Analog Category participants work on 36 or roll films to be obtained from Pamuk Ticaret. Films received in Taksim are washed and scanned by Pamuk Ticaret. Participants choose 3 theme photos from the photos sent to them by e-mail and share photos with “email@example.com”.
• Mobile Category participants upload the photos of the 3 announced themes from their public Instagram accounts with the hashtag “#photomaraton22“, “theme number,” and “participant number” until 6 November 2021, 11:59 PM
• Video Category participants will publicly share the video they will prepare for the announced theme on YouTube or Vimeo platforms with the title “Name and Surname / #photomaratonistanbul” until 12:00 PM on November 8, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can click here to reach our page where more questions are answered.
What Will I Do on the Morning?
The registration desk will start at 09:00 AM on Saturday, November 6th. Before reaching the registration area, an information sheet and sequence number will be presented for you to enter the information “Name, Surname, Phone Number, Mail Address, HEPP Code and the Category You Will Participate in”. When it’s your turn, your temperature will be measured and you will reach the registration desks after verification of the HES code with your information sheet.
Your information will be predefined at registration desks. When you reach the table, you will forward your information sheet to the staff, and your badge will be delivered.
T-shirts will also be delivered with a stamp on the badge to you in the area opposite the registration desk.
In addition, the main sponsor, Canon company can visit the stadium in the relevant area.
At 12:00 PM, the themes will be announced in the entrance area of the station. square.
Can I be in two different categories at the same time?
Yes, there is no limit to participation. As long as you comply with the rules, you can participate in all categories .by purchasing separate tickets. You can click here to buy tickets.
Can I Register on PhotoMarathon Day?
You can register at the “New Registration” tables in the registration area on the PhotoMarathon day. Due to the materials presented to the participants, a difference fee of 25 TL is charged to those who register on the day of the event.
How Does the Photo Delivery Process Happen?
Photographs are delivered in the event corridor in Taksim Metro between 7:00 PM and 9:30 PM.
Before the photo submission, you are expected to note down the photo’s name directly, not the sequence number of the photo in your camera.
At the delivery point, the SD cards of the participants are received, the photos of the themes are copied and the SD cards are returned.
In the Analog Category, films received in Taksim are washed and scanned by Pamuk Ticaret. Participants choose 3 theme photos from the photos sent to them by e-mail and share photos with “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Mobile Category participants upload the photos of the 3 announced themes from their public Instagram accounts with the hashtag “#photomaraton22”, “theme number” and “participant number” until 29 October 2022, 23:59 PM.
Video Category participants will publicly share the video they will prepare for the announced theme on YouTube or Vimeo platforms with the title “Name and Surname / #photomaratonistanbul” until 12:00 PM on Octoberber 31, 2022.
Is photo manipulation allowed?
It is against the rules to do photo manipulation (Photoshop etc.) in PhotoMaraton. Official PhotoMaraton software eleminates these kind of manuplated photos.
Cropping, rotating the photo, etc., which the camera allows, are free to apply. Photographs produced with the overlapping technique are not allowed.